The holidays are a time for joy and Christmas cheer! What better way to get into the holiday spirit than by reading some inspiring Christmas quotes?
In this blog post, we have gathered 50 of the best short Christmas quotes to enjoy. From funny quips to heartfelt messages, these quotes will get you in the mood for Christmas.
Christmas Quotes For Family And Friends
1.“Christmas is when you get homesick — even when you’re home.” — Carol Nelson.
2.“One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don’t clean it up too quickly.” — Andy Rooney.
3.“Christmas is a season for kindling the fire for hospitality in the hall, the genial flame of charity in the heart.” — Washington Irving.
4.“It’s not what’s under the Christmas tree that matters; it’s who is around it.” — Charlie Brown.
5.“Christmas is doing a little something extra for someone.” — Charles M. Schulz.
6. “Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas.” — Calvin Coolidge.
7. “The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear.” — Buddy the Elf.
8. “Christmas is a bridge. We need bridges as the river of time flows past. Today’s Christmas should mean creating happy hours for tomorrow and reliving those of yesterday.” — Gladys Taber.
9.“The rooms were very still while the pages were softly turned and the winter sunshine crept in to touch the bright heads and serious faces with a Christmas greeting.” — Luisa May Alcott.
10.“A lovely thing about Christmas is that it’s compulsory, like a thunderstorm, and we all go through it together.” — Garrison Keillor.
Christmas Quotes For Those Who Are Missing Their Loved Ones
11. “It’s not what we write in our Christmas cards that matters; it’s the feeling behind them.”— Unknown.
12. “Christmas is a time for cherishing those who bring so many blessings to our lives.”— Unknown.
13. “Missing someone at Christmas time is never easy, but know that you are always in my thoughts.”— Unknown.
14. “Christmas may be many things or a few. For you, the joy is each new toy; for me; it’s watching U.”— Unknown.
15. “At this Christmas time, my thoughts turn to you and how much I miss you.”— Unknown.
16. “Though miles may separate us, you are always in my thoughts. Have a wonderful Christmas.”— Unknown.
17. “It may be cold outside, but in my heart, there is a flame that burns all year long for the ones I love and hold dear.”— Unknown.
18. “It’s not the gifts under the tree that matter; it’s the presence of loved ones gathered around it.”— Unknown.
19. “Christmas is the time of year when all should be with family, so I am sending you warm thoughts instead of my embrace.”— Unknown.
20. “Christmas brings family and friends together; it helps us appreciate the love in our lives we can often take for granted.”— Unknown.
Biblical Quotes To Use At The Christmas Dinner Table
21. “And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which shall be to all people.” – Luke 2:10
22. “For unto us a child is born, unto us a son, is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.” – Isaiah 9:6
23. “Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, goodwill toward men.” – Luke 2:14
24. “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” – John 3:16
25. “For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.” – Luke 2:11
26. “And the angel said unto them, Be not afraid; for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.” – Luke 2:10
27. “And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.” – Luke 2:7
28. “Therefore, thus says the Lord concerning you; Be not afraid nor dismayed because of this great multitude; for the battle is not yours, but God’s.” – 2 Chronicles 20:15
29. “And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.” – John 1:14
30. “For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.” – Luke 2:11
31. “Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.” – Luke 2:14
All-time Famous Christmas Quotes To Help You Deck The Halls
32. “The Son of God became a man to enable men to become the sons of God.” – C.S. Lewis.
33. “Let us keep Christmas beautiful without a thought of greed, that it might live forevermore to fill our every need.” – Annihil Stookey.
34. “It is Christmas in the heart that puts Christmas in the air.” – W.T. Ellis.
35. “The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.” – Burton Hillis.
36. “Love the giver more than the gift.” – Brigham Young.
37. “Christmas is the day that holds all time together.” – Alexander Smith.
38. “Christmas is built upon a beautiful and intentional paradox; that the birth of the homeless should be celebrated in every home.” — G.K Chesterton.
39. “Christmas, my child, is love in action.” – Dale Evans Rogers..
40. “In the eyes of children, they are all 30 feet tall.” – Larry Wilde, The Merry Book of Christmas.
41.”Nothing ever seems too bad, too hard, or too sad when you’ve got a Christmas tree in the living room.”– Nora Roberts.
42. “Christmas is the season for kindling the fire of hospitality in the hall, the genial flame of charity in the heart.” – Washington Irving.
43. “Probably the reason we all go so haywire at Christmas time with the endless unrestrained and often silly buying of gifts is that we don’t quite know how to put our love into words.” – Harlan Weller.
44. “Some Christmas tree ornaments do a lot more than glitter and glow, they represent a gift of love given a long time ago.” – Tom Baker.
45.”The thing about Christmas is that it almost doesn’t matter what mood you’re in, or what kind of year you’ve had–it’s a fresh start.” – Kelly Clarkson.
46. “It’s not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.” – Mother Theresa.
47.” Freshly cut Christmas trees smelling of stars and snow and pine resin–inhale deeply and fill your soul with wintry night.” – John J. Geddes.
48. “Christmas is forever, not for just one day, for loving, sharing, giving, are not to put away like bells and lights and tinsel, in some box upon a shelf. The good you do for others is good you do yourself.” – Norman Wesley Brooks.
49. “Christmas is the spirit of giving without a thought of getting. It is happiness because we see joy in people. It is forgetting self and finding time for others. It is discarding the meaningless and stressing the true values.” – Thomas S. Monson.
50. “Mankind is a great, an immense family… This is proved by what we feel in our hearts at Christmas.” ― Pope John XXIII.
Let these Christmas quotes and sayings inspire you to make the most of this festive holiday season. From heartfelt sentiments to funny statements, these words remind us of the importance of cherishing loved ones, being kind to one another, and spreading joy.
Whether you’re looking for a heartfelt Christmas quote to write in your holiday cards or a funny one-liner to share with friends and family, there’s something here for everyone. The spirit of Christmas is alive, and these words will remind you to be thankful for all the blessings in your life. Merry Christmas!
Hello it’s me, I am also visiting this web site daily, this site is really pleasant and
the visitors are truly sharing good thoughts.
For most recent information you have to pay a visit the web
and on web I found this web page as a finest web page for
most up-to-date updates.
Very good blog post. I definitely appreciate this website.