Halloween is just around the corner, and what better way to get into the spirit than by watching one of our favorite Halloween movies? “Hocus Pocus” is a classic! We have collected some of our favorite quotes from the movie in honor of the upcoming holiday. Check them out below!
What Happens In The Hocus Pocus Movie?
The Hocus Pocus movie is about a group of three witches who are resurrected on Halloween night. They then wreak havoc on the town until a group of kids finally defeats them. The three witches are played by Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Kathy Najimy.
The most powerful quote in the movie comes from Bette Midler’s character, who says, “I’ll put a spell on you!” This phrase often describes feeling under a spell or someone’s control.
Another memorable quote from the movie is Sarah Jessica Parker’s character saying, “I’m not a baby; I’m a virgin!” This is said in response to someone telling her she needs to act like a grown-up. The movie is full of quotable lines and is a must-watch for any Halloween fan.
Exciting Hocus Pocus Quotes To Tell Your Loved Ones
These Hocus Pocus quotes are perfect for when you want to get into the Halloween spirit!
- “It’s just a bunch of hocus pocus!” -Max.
- “I put a spell on you, and now you’re mine.” -Bette Midler.
- “Oh look, another glorious morning. Makes me SICK!” -Bette Midler
- “I’ll get you, my pretty, and your little dog too!” -Margaret Hamilton.
- “I’m not a baby; I’m practically thirteen.” -Omri Katz.
- “Come, little children, I’ll take thee away, into a land of enchantment.” -Sarah Jessica Parker.
- “Amok! Amok! Amok!” -Thackery Binx
- “I smell children.” -Bette Midler
- “In you go, before I change my mind and turn you into a newt!” -Gavin.
- “It’s just a jump to the left.” -Bette Midler.
- “And then a step to the right.” -Bette Midler.
- “Put your hands on your hips.” -Bette Midler.
- “And bring your knees in tight.” -Bette Midler.
- “But it’s the pelvic thrust that really drives you insane.” -Bette Midler.
- “Let’s do the Time Warp again!” -Bette Midler.
- “I’m not a witch. I’m your wife.” -Kathy Najimy.
- “You just hit an old lady with your car. What are you going to do about it?” -Bette Midler.
- “It doesn’t matter! It’s just a flesh wound.” -Vinnie Schiavone.
- “Oh, I’m sorry, did my shoulders distract you from driving?” -Bette Midler.
- “I’ll get you, my pretty… and your little soul too!” -Bette Midler.
- “I’m the witch of the west; I’m the witch of the east. There’s no place like home!” -Bette Midler.
- “Are you a good witch or a bad witch?” -Judy Garland
- “Oh, I’m the bad witch, all right.” -Margaret Hamilton.
- “I’m melting! Melting! Oh, what a world! What a world!” -Margaret Hamilton
- “Who killed the witch?” -Omri Katz.
- “I did, I did!” -Thackery Binx.
- “Hang him on a hook and let me play with him.” —Sarah Sanderson.
- “Boys, it’s time to pack up your toys and go home.” -Diane Salinger.
- “Chill out, it’s Halloween.” -Tobey Maguire.
- “I’m the ghost with the most, babe.” -Bette Midler.
- “It just so happens that your friend here is only MOSTLY dead. There’s a big difference between mostly dead and all dead.” -Cary Elwes.
- “I’m not a nerd. I’m a witch.” -Bette Midler
- “Goodbye, cruel world.” —Winifred Sanderson
- “I’m going to kill you, and then I’m going to burn down your house!” -Bette Midler.
- “Oh, I’m so sorry, children. Did I say ‘boo’?” -Bette Midler
- “Farewell, mortal bus boy!” —Sarah Sanderson
- “Sisters, Satan has married Medusa. See the snakes in her hair.” —Mary Sanderson.
- “I suggest we form a calming circle.” —Mary Sanderson.
- “We fly on broomsticks, run around naked, and worship Satan. What’s not to love?” -Bette Midler
- “It’s just a new fashion. Black is the new orange.” -Bette Midler.
- “I’m 300 years old! I’m not too old to put a spell on you!” -Bette Midler.
- “I love you, jerkface.” –Dani.
- “Wench! Trollop! You bucktoothed, mop-riding firefly from hell!” — Billy Butcherson
- “And I thought my jokes were bad.” -Bette Midler.
- “The Sanderson Sisters were the most powerful coven that ever lived, thanks to Winifred’s book of spells.” –Gilbert.
- “None shall see or hear thee shout. Heed my words; there’s no way out.” –Winifred Sanderson.
- “It’s Showtime!” -Bette Midler
- “My powers are nothing without my sisters.” –Winifred Sanderson.
- “People of Salem, gather round. I am Gilbert the Great, here to terrify and amaze you with the most bone-chilling legend of All Hallow’s Eve. That of the Sanderson Sisters.” –Gilbert
- “It’s the burning rain of death! Come, you fools!” –Winifred Sanderson.
- “You know, I’ve always wanted a child. And now I think I’ll have one on toast!” –Winifred Sanderson
7 Things You Didn’t Know About Hocus Pocus
The Hocus Pocus movie is a cult classic that many have enjoyed over the years. The movie contains quotable lines, memorable characters, and spooky moments. If you’re a fan of Hocus Pocus, here are five things you might not know about the movie:
1. The movie was not a box office success when it was first released. It was considered a flop and only made $39 million domestically. The movie became famous after being released on home video and cable TV.
2. The movie was not well received by critics when it was first released. Roger Ebert gave the movie two stars out of four and called it “amiable” but “insubstantial.”
3. The movie was based on a book called “The Witch in the Window” by Annette Curtis Klause. However, the book was never published, and Disney bought the rights. So, the movie is technically based on a book that doesn’t exist.
4. The character of Max was initially supposed to be played by Charlie Sheen. However, Sheen turned down the role because he thought the script was “lame.” The role went to Omri Katz instead.
5. The movie was filmed in Los Angeles, not Salem. The movie makers were not allowed to film in Salem because the town thought the movie would make them look bad. So, they had to find a place that could pass for Salem.
6. The movie was originally going to be called “Hocus Pocus: The Witch’s Revenge.” However, the title was changed to “Hocus Pocus” because the studio thought it sounded too like a sequel.
7. The movie has a cult following and has become a Halloween staple in many households. Many people credit the movie’s popularity to its repeated airings on the Disney Channel in the 1990s.
Did you enjoy these Hocus Pocus quotes and trivia? If you’re a fan of the movie, watch it again this Halloween. And if you haven’t seen it, make sure to add it to your Halloween watch list!