Do you love wearing the necklace? Well, you should have sound knowledge to wear the right necklace according to your neckline. Read this guide to know what necklace to wear with what neckline.
Necklaces are available in a variety of designs and styles. With a myriad of options available, you may get confused about which one to wear. This is directly dependent on the neckline. Your neckline will determine the necklace style for you. Take your neckline as a template or an outline to pair your outfit with the most suitable type of necklace.
We are here to assist you in the selection process for a necklace. This guide will elaborate on how to choose the right necklace for your neckline. So let’s start!
The Best Way to Wear Necklaces for Different Necklines
When deciding which necklace to wear, you must consider the following factors in mind.
Purpose: Be clear about why you are wearing a necklace, just for the sake of decoration or for making it the center of attraction, for making your features prominent or for making a style statement, etc.
Length: The length of the necklace will determine the focal point. It will be the point that will catch the attraction of everyone. So decide the length of the necklace accordingly.
Neckline: The most important factor that should be considered while choosing a necklace is the shape of the neckline. Keep the following points in mind in this regard.
- Make sure that the shape of your necklace aligns with your neckline shape.
- The gap between your necklace and neckline should be minimum.
- For a busy neckline, avoid the statement necklaces.
- A wide neckline can be narrowed using a suitable necklace. However, you should never widen a narrow neckline with a necklace.
What Necklace is Best for What Neckline
Necklace Guide for V-Neckline
The narrow and elongated shape of the V-neck should be kept in mind while choosing a necklace. Find a necklace that aligns with the V shape. However, make sure that the V of the necklace falls above the V of the neckline. The width and length of the necklace should be less than that of the neckline.
Check this birthstone heart monogram initial necklace. The necklace is showcasing elegance and delicacy. It’s an amazing choice for v-necklines.
Necklace Guide for Round Neckline
For the round necklines, you should go with the round necklaces. A V-shaped necklace will never look good on a round neckline.
A round neckline can be either scoop neck or crew neck.
- Crew neck is not deep and therefore you can wear either a short or a long necklace on it. Wear a short necklace to avoid the fuller chest while a longer necklace can help you emphasize it. If you want to add a sparkling collar to the crew neck, then wear a Riviere style necklace.
- The scoop neck is deep, and you can make your collarbone prominent by wearing a short round necklace. The necklace should remain above the scoop of the neckline. A statement necklace is best for a scoop neck. You can buy a personalized engraved children’s art necklace for the scoop neck. The necklace is best for mommies who want to preserve the artful memories of their growing children.
Necklace Guide for High Neckline
High necklines can be either turtlenecks or halter necks. These necklines make your shoulders short and slim. Short necklaces will never be a good choice for the high neckline as they will make your neck over-stuffed and crowded. So wear the rope necklaces that give an elongated look. a longer pendant will add more to your look. Layer V necklaces also look good on high necklines.
Looking for the best necklace for high necklines? Buy Roman Numeral Necklace which is 18K gold plated. It has a long vertical bar pendant on which the numbers and birthstones can be personalized.
Necklace Guide for Sweetheart Neckline
You should enhance the curves of the sweetheart neckline with your necklace. So be direct and avoid the sharp angles in the necklace. Choose a necklace with a medium length that makes the heart of the neckline the center point. A personalized heart stethoscope necklace is a great choice for a sweetheart neckline.
Necklace Guide for Square Neckline
For a square neckline, a square or rectangular pendant will be the best. The shape of the neckline should align with the pendant shape to give you a complimentary look. You can wear this personalized letter name necklace of sterling silver with a square neckline. Your name on this necklace will make it one-of-a-kind
Necklace Guide for Boat Neckline
With a boat neck, you should wear a pendant necklace with a long chain. When you wear a boat neck, your shoulders look broad. To bring an inward effect, a long necklace will work well. A mom heart cage key necklace is good to wear with the boat neckline. Made of sterling silver, this necklace incorporates up to 8 birthstones to give it a personalized touch.
The Cases in Which You Should Not Wear a Necklace
There are some necklines that never go well with any type of necklace. So it’s better for you to avoid wearing necklaces with such necklines. Otherwise, your neckline will look messy and cluttered.
Here are the cases in which you should not wear a necklace.
- A neckline having heavy embellishments does not require a necklace.
- If you are wearing statement earrings, then you don’t need to add a necklace to your look.
- If you are wearing a ruffled or thick neck, then don’t wear a necklace.
You are now familiar with the styling rules for necklines. However, these rules are not something you can never break. In fact, you can follow your taste when choosing a necklace even if it is not in accordance with these rules. Combine your taste and knowledge, find the best necklace at getnamenecklace to pair with your outfit, and rock the evening.