Do you know how to wear and maintain 18K gold
18K gold has always been popular in the jewelry market. Especially when it is properly designed and matched with diamonds, its radiant light attracts many people's attention. So, today we have a deeper understanding of 18K gold.
What is 18K gold
18K gold, which is an alloy of 24K gold mixed with other precious metals. Its English is KaratGold, so it is referred to as K gold. 18K gold is gold containing 75% of gold and 25% of other precious metals. Due to the different composition of 25% of other precious metals, 18K gold can be different colors. Example 18K white gold is made with 25% silver zinc nickel; with 25% copper, it can be blended into rose red 18K gold and so on. 18k gold is generally seen in the market in three colors, white, yellow and red. The mark of common infinity necklace is AU750. As long as it is 18K jewellery, there are AU750 prints on it.
Will 18K change color?
18k itself does not change color, but because there is a coating on the outer surface of 18K gold, some behaviors in life may cause the coating to fall off, and the original color of 18k gold appears.
What should you do with 18K discoloration?
It is a normal phenomenon that discoloration occurs. Although 18K gold may appear yellowing after one or two consecutive years of wear, the 18K inlaid diamond has the best firmness compared to other metal materials, as long as it is qualified by the quality inspection center. The product is not a quality issue. If discoloration occurs, you can go directly to your dealer or the relevant place for maintenance.
Why is 18K gold so favored?
- Advantage 1: 18K gold hardness and toughness are higher than platinum, so you can use a variety of processing techniques to create a variety of unique styles, is any other metal can not be compared.
- Advantage 2: 18K gold recycling convenience. Therefore, consumers can trade in through the gold store, or change the outdated gold jewelry. Because the common gold shop will recycle old gold name jewelry necklace, there are few channels on the market to recycle old platinum jewelry.
How is the value of 18K gold?
Why do we always recommend that you choose the setting of the platinum tray. Platinum is soft and easy to deform, it is easy to set in loose stone, especially the style of small diamonds, 18K gold is harder, it is not easy to be deformed and inlaid diamond is stronger. And don't think that K gold is worthless, world luxury brands: Cartier, Tiffany, BVLGARI, Van Cleef & Arpels, etc. are all made of K gold craft. The cost of a boutique item can be as high as 500-2000 yuan, and some even tens of thousands of yuan pieces of work.
How to maintain 18K gold daily?
- 1, 18K gold custom name necklace cheap needs to be stored separately. Avoid placing with precious metals such as platinum, gold, and silver.
- 2. Avoid contact with acid and alkali substances in your life. Corrosive acids and alkalis in your life can cause damage to diamonds and K gold, so try to avoid the K gold monogram ring from touching these substances. In normal times, we should remove the ring on the finger when applying makeup and spray perfume, and try not to wear it while swimming.
- 3. For all the jewelry, we suggest that do not take a bath or sleep when wearing it. If long time do that, it is definitely not good for jewelry. In fact, it is really no trouble, just a habit of living. No matter how solid, how good the quality is, if you don’t have a good cherish, it’s easy abrasion!