How to measure for bangle size ?
- Cut a thin strip of paper or thread
- Bring your thumb and little finger together
- Wrap where your hand is the widest
- Make the spot where the paper/thread meets
- Measure the length of the thread with your ruler
- Use the following bangle size chart to determine your bangle size
When buying jade bangles online, the biggest problem is the size. There are many people who only choose bangles according to their own preferences. They don't pay attention to the size at all. It should be noted that each bangle is unique and difficult to have a custom size. So we have written a special article here to remind everyone to ensure your own size before choosing jade bangles online. Of course, there are many determination methods, and everyone just needs to find a method that suits you best.
Measure the size of a known bangle
If you already have a jade bangle (except for gold and silver bangles and bracelets). If you don't know the size, it's easy to find a ruler and measure the inside diameter of the bangle.
Try it at a local mall
If you plan to buy a favorite bangle online, then try to find the size first in the physical store, they usually have calipers, don’t forget to ask about the size after measuring. Traditional calipers usually indicate the perimeter of the bangle. The numbers such as 16, 18, and 20 refer to the perimeter of the bangle. However, the new calipers now directly label the inner diameter of the bangle, from a minimum of 50 to a maximum of 72. If you only know the perimeter is 16, then divide it by 3.14, and you get the inside diameter of the bangle.
Measuring bangle size with red string
1. When choosing the size of the bangle, it depends on the diameter of the inner ring of the bangle. You can move the thumb and pinky fingers as close as possible in the way shown in the figure. Ask a friend to help measure the length in mm with a soft ruler and divide it by 3.14, which is the inner ring of your bangle. For those who like to be slightly loose or tight, you can add 10 to 20mm, it should not be too large.
2. Keep your hands naturally flat, not tight, and use a string around the widest perimeter of your palm. When measuring, if the hand is very soft, you can measure it tightly. If the hand bone is too hard, you can just measure the string. The degree of tightness is sufficient, and the length of the last measured string is the size of your hand inch. Divide the measured perimeter by 3.14 and add 1-2mm to get the inside diameter of your bangle. For example: if your measured circumference is 170mm, then 170/3.14+1~2 = 55~56mm.
3. When choosing to wear a bangle, you should be able to slip the bangle into 4 long fingers (except the thumb) and to the "Hukou", then remove the bangle and measure the inner diameter. For example, it is exactly 55 millimeter, then, this size is right for your wrist. Some people like to wear a little looser. When choosing, they choose a circle with a larger diameter of 1 to 2 mm, so that they can be easily put on and taken off. There are also some people who are used to wearing smaller bangles or don't plan to take them off. In this case, the size can be reduced by 1 to 2 mm in turn. Generally, when you choose, you should try it on first. When you try it on, you can apply some detergent or soapy water to your hand and ask someone to help you. You can put the bangle on your wrist with a little force.